Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Finally, I got to play Agricola

Last night I was at our local gaming club (QCGC) and had the opportunity to play Agricola. Blasphemy I know. I can hear the comments now "And you call yourself a gamer and never played one of the primer resource games." Well, to be honest, I have been playing with the idea of getting the game for over two years, but wasn't sure it would fit my group. So, I wanted to play it first and I never had the chance until now. Wow, let me say that I am glad I waited on this purchase. Great game and look forward to playing it again, but if I owned it, it would stay on the shelf unfortunately. The theme was great and mechanics were easy to follow, but for my group, there are too many options which would lock them down. I can just see me mentioning all the strategy options and seeing "deer in headlight" looks coming back at me. I am so glad I got to play this game, look forward to playing it again, but doubt I will be able to add it to my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment